Saturday, October 11, 2008

Scary Spice, tell me what you want?

While scanning through gossip site, The Superficial, I came across several images of Melanie Brown, aka. the former Scary Spice, modeling for Ultimo Autumn/Winter lingerie line.


http://thesuperficial.com/2008/10/scary_spice_will_frighten_your.php

I have no idea what the character circled in red supposedly to be.

Is it ? Or, is it ?

Oh, Melanie B, why can't you tell me what you want, what you really really want? According to the song, what she really wanted was "zigazig ha".

11 comments:

  1. My first search turned up 自由気儘 (jiyuu kimama), "doing what one likes." 尽 is simplified 儘, and that looks like a combination of the two. Why a simplified character would be used in a Japanese expression (with Japanese 気 right next to it) is anyone's guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like 亥 to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd guess 変, and she probably thinks it means "freedom, spirit (power), and change."

    Really shitty typography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it possibly be 交?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my first thought was a mangled version of 夜...

    But I think deramoz nearly has it correct. The "mama" of Japanese jiyuukimama is written 儘 which is also used in the simplified form of 侭 (both characters, although marginal, seem to be used in Japanese). So I'd bet it's not 尽 (*not* read as "mama" in Japanese), but 侭 with the person radical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could it be a mangled 衣?
    Freedom, Spirit and Clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought 亥 as well. But why on earth would she want "Sign of the Boar" on her? Maybe it's her birth year...

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway it looks like it was scrawled on by a child with a magic marker. The way the characters kind of wander to the right, kind of randomly increasing in size... terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This more looks like an intermingled 大 and 人 meant to write 大人 (adult...at least in Japanese)

    ReplyDelete